Valentine's Day 2018 | American Crafts DT


Hello Ladies! Who’s excited for Valentine day? I am, and I would like to share a fun home decoration project I created for the American Crafts blog!
Do you remember my fall themed shadow box from October? Now it’s time to change the design into a pink-gold Valentine decoration and display our favorite photos. I chose the new Sunshine & Good Times collection by Amy Tangerine, I found the pretty pink papers and cute embellishments perfect for my Valentine project.   


To start, I painted the frame of my shadow box using white acrylic paint.  Next, I created a template for the inside parcels of my box by folding a piece of copy paper and I used the template to cut out my pattern papers. I trimmed 4 different patterned papers and adhered them into the openings. I love that this project involves many different pretty papers!  


Now comes the fun part, decorating!  I had a hard time choosing what embellishments I wanted to use.  All of the embellishments in this collection are so cute.  I decided to start with adding XO banners using glittered alphabet stickers to the top of my frames.


On the bottom of my shadow box I also filled one opening with gold sequences and adhered a piece of tag with a wire paper clip using foam tape.
 


After finishing my project, I hung it on my craft room wall. It's a beautiful reminder of all things Valentine. Thank you for stopping by today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment